An SEO plan can improve your search engine rankings and drive traffic to your site. However, when first getting started some new businesses may not have enough revenue to invest in a six month plan. Here are a few simple things you can do to get started optimizing your site.
- Use tools like https://www.semrush.com and https://app.kwfinder.com to discover the best keywords for your business.
- When selecting keywords be specific, the more descriptive you are the better the chances of reaching your target audience.
- When selecting your domain name include your most important keyword. Select a name that is not only a unique and memorable domain but also tells people what your website is about.
- Use a search engine optimization plug in like SEO by Yoast. Be sure to configure the settings and add your keywords on each webpage.
- Create weekly blog articles that are keyword rich. Write articles that provide value to your customers, you can provide tips, best practices and tools.
- Market your blog articles and drive traffic to your website by posting links to your articles on your social media sites.